It’s that time of year again! The time of year where basketball games dominate the TV every day for the month of March. Even though the games overtake the TV, this doesn’t mean the volume has to be blaring above everything else. Do you suffer from hearing loss? Or suspect that you do? Do you feel like you have to turn the volume level up high to hear and understand everything the refs are saying? If you notice yourself turning the volume up too loud or having to blast the TV to understand what’s going on, that’s probably a sign to have your hearing checked. Because hearing loss is more common than you think!
Here are a few common signs and symptoms of hearing loss that you should be aware of:
- Trouble hearing in groups or hearing someone talk behind you
- Sounds are mumbled
- Have difficulty on the phone
- Have difficulty hearing movies
- Dread going to noisy places, parties or restaurants
- Have difficulty understanding children and other high-pitched voices
- Feel uncomfortable and stressed when many people are talking at once
So, this March enjoy the basketball games but be aware and conscious of your hearing health. If you suspect hearing loss, call us today!